See http://www.gustrength.com/health:common-eye-myths for full referenced article. This video covers 10 common myths about the eyes and the sense of vision. Myths covered:
1. Reading in the dark.
2. Crossing eyes.
3. Sitting to close to TV.
4. Wearing glasses or contacts make eyes worse.
5. Cataracts improve vision.
6. One working eye needs rest.
7. You become farsighted as you age.
8. Beta carotene and other micronutrients will improve vision.
9. 20/20 is perfect vision.
10. When you go blind your hearing improves to compensate.
All Time Blues, licensed from JewelBeat.com
Eyes in crossed position, image by Larali21 via
Cataract, image by Rakesh Ahuja, MD via
All others public domain.
Post time: Sep-23-2017